The RISE Program was developed by community agencies to help those recently released from the Linn Area County Correctional Facility. The RISE Program empowers individuals to make positive changes for lifetime success, by helping them focus on the following items:
- What are your NEEDS the first day your are out?
- What are your STRENGTHS that will help you succeed?
- What are the ways to GET HELP for your future?
The RISE program works with individuals to help them:
- Make a list of their needs.
- Understand the options available to them.
- Make key decisions related to housing and employment.
- Ensure support systems are in place.
- Make a plan for a productive and independent life.
The RISE Program is completely voluntary. During the initial assessment and planning process, participants have the option to not answer any specific question they may choose.
The RISE program staff will always strive to be respectful, courteous and sensitive to your concerns, while also valuing your privacy and integrity. Participants of the RISE program agree to act in a courteous and respectful manner to other participants and navigators. There is zero tolerance for sexual harassment from clients and sexual misconduct from staff members. Foul and offensive language directed at RISE staff will not be tolerated.
RISE Navigators will maintain records of all participation in the program. A release of information will be necessary as RISE staff may have to act on your behalf both prior to and after release from Linn County Jail.